If you desire to manually partition / format my USB Flash drive in a correct way, please follow the steps below:
1) Hit Start, type “command” and you’ll see “Command Prompt” listed as the main result. Right-click that result and choose “Run as administrator”
2) Type the following command and press Enter:
3) On this step, you should select the correct disk number for your USB flash drive and enter the disk number instead of [Your Disk Number] without the square brackets. For selecting the correct disk number, please pay attention to the disk Size section. Type the following bold commands and press Enter after the command:
Microsoft DiskPart version 6.2.9200 Copyright (C) 1999-2012 Microsoft Corporation. On computer: KJONES-WIN8 DISKPART> list disk Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- --- Disk 0 Online 931 GB 0 B * Disk 1 Online 29 GB 0 B Disk 2 Online 980 MB 0 B DISKPART> select disk [Your Disk Number] Disk [Your Disk Number] is now the selected disk. DISKPART> clean DiskPart succeeded in cleaning the disk. DISKPART> convert mbr DiskPart successfully converted the selected disk to MBR format. DISKPART> create partition primary DiskPart succeeded in creating the specified partition. DISKPART> select partition 1 Partition 1 is now the selected partition. DISKPART> active DiskPart marked the current partition as active. DISKPART> format quick fs=fat32 100 percent completed DiskPart successfully formatted the volume. DISKPART> assign DiskPart successfully assigned the drive letter or mount point. DISKPART> exit
If you are going to boot from USB, burn the HBCD PE ISO file to your USB drive and then open HBCD_PE.ini file located in the root folder of your USB drive.
Find your Keyboard layout in the file and comment out the command located just below your Keyboard Layout.
For example, if you are using a Russian keyboard, find the lines below:
// EXEC !%WinDir%\System32\Wpeutil.exe SetKeyboardLayout 0419:00000419
and change the lines above as below (just remove // at the beginning of EXEC):
EXEC !%WinDir%\System32\Wpeutil.exe SetKeyboardLayout 0419:00000419
If you are going to boot from DVD, you can change HBCD_PE.ini file located in the ISO file with an ISO editor and then you can burn the ISO file to a DVD. Alternatively can copy the HBCD_PE.ini file from your DVD root folder to your local drive’s root folder (for example to C:\ or D:\ folder). And then make required changes in the HBCD_PE.ini file located in your local drive. Hiren’s BootCD PE will search HBCD_PE.ini file in the root folders of the drives with ascending drive letter order. It will process the first found HBCD_PE.ini file.
- Boot your computer with Hiren’s BootCD PE.
- Goto Start Menu -> Securiy -> Passwords -> NT Password Edit
- Open your SAM file (It is usually located in C:\Windows\System32\config\SAM).
- Click your username and the click ‘Change password’. To set a password, type your password both ‘New password’ and ‘Verify’ fields and then click to ‘OK’. To remove the password, leave both ‘New password’ and ‘Verify’ fields blank and then click to ‘OK’.