Wi-Fi allows device such as a personal computer, video game console, cellphone or digital audio player to connect to the Internet as long as they are within the range of a wireless network’s broadcast range. Nowadays, there are already several ways to maximize your Wi-Fi range so that you can be more comfortable without spending too much. There are already homemade alternatives that you can do easily. I will state some of them below:
Boosting your Wi-Fi range with just a homemade parabolic reflector
- To do this, all you need is an aluminum foil. You can finish it in less than 5 minutes and it will just cost you some cents.
- First, you must tear a cut of aluminum foil in a rectangle shape.
- After that, fold the sheet halfwise then fold each of the four sides for about 2 centimeter.
- Next, begin forming a curve into the foil.
- After that, you can now position the parabolic reflector behind the antenna of your wireless device, which should be pointed in the general direction of the wireless hub.
- Then you will see that the signal strength will be truly maximized. For best results, you can also try doing second parabolic reflector then put it next to the antenna of your wireless router then you will notice that the signal will more increase and you would be able to download files faster.
- When you fold each side of the foil this helps to straight a frame to add stability. And when you form a curve into the foil, this curve shape resembles the general shape of the parabola.
Adding strength to your Wi-Fi
The man in the video used the bottom of a box and covers it with a foil. He put two holes in the lower side where he will insert the antenna of the wireless router. He puts the Wireless router with a satellite-like box covered with foil up into he’s wall. What happens after what he has done is he’s Wi-Fi strength boost up. From 48 mbps, his signal gradually increases to 54 mbps.
How to maximize your Wi-Fi strength by just using old can
- In doing this, you need an empty can, marker, and any tool you can use to cut the can.
- First thing you must do, is to draw a line just below the opening of the can and continue it to the sides.
- Next step is to cut the can along the line and remove the bottom.
- Then you make a hole where you will insert your antenna below the can.
- Next, you can paint the can or just cover it with foil or duct tape around the edges and on the exterior.
- Lastly, Put the finished product above your wireless router; insert the antenna in the hole you’ve made.